Win XP IIS 5 & Ajax's Update Panel

Came across a problem yesterday, where all of a sudden a website that I was working on behave wildly. The website that I'm working on has a page that would utilize UpdatePanel to add dynamic web control that will be triggered with a click on a node of a TreeView control.

I was trying to add control to the page, and all of a sudden I received an error message stating HTTP 403: Resouce forbidden, or some other unknown codes. This is the first time I encounter this kind of issue, which really bugging me because I know that IIS on Windows XP has a limitation on its connection pool(maximum 10). I've never encounter this kind of issue before, so it took me a while to try to do some research with the help of the Internet to see if I could find any solution to this kind of problem.

According to one article, it will help by lower down the connection timeout and disable the HTTP Keep-Alive under IIS, which it does help, but then again it will cause Visual Studio 2005 not able to log on to IIS for debugging a website. So I've concluded that I'll need to configure the aforementioned settings according to situation.

However, after the configuration was reset back to its default value, I did a test again to day to see if I'd still get the same HTTP 403 or any relevant error, but no. I could add more than 10 dynamic web controls onto the UpdatePanel, without getting the error, which kind of weird. The last thing that I did was to defrag the Windows XP hosting the website, but would that actually causing the website to malfunction? I wonder...

Anyway, in case of emergency, this could be a helper. First, disable the HTTP Keep-Alive under IIS, and set the connection timeout as low as possible to release the connection back to the connection pool. Worst case scenario, defrag the machine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yahoo! Messenger voice call & video call disabled, why?

Sport's Injuries - Treatment for bruises

Web Development: Disable, Validate, & Enable Buttons