Querying Elements Inside iframe & TabPanel

As it's quite fairly new to me because I've never did Javascript extensively, thus it is difficult for me at first to code it. My recent task required me to extract information from a web page displayed within an iframe, and then create an XML to represent it.

The approach is pretty straightforward after searching the Internet for solutions. All I need is to get the ID of the iframe, and then create an object inside Javascript to point to that iframe using getElementById, and finally invoke the Javascript function of the web page displayed within the iframe.

But then the other task is how to get the list of iframe IDs? There are several iframe elements that will be created dynamically and each of them is going to be an element within an AJAX TabPanel, which in turn will be created dynamically also inside an AJAX TabContainer. If it's just normal HTML element, then it's very straightforward; but with the TabPanel object, I need to find a way to extract only the active viewing tab.

After much searching on the Internet, I found out that it's still possible to extract information from the TabPanel using Javascript. There are predefined functions that can be used directly to refer to each individual or all TabPanel inside the TabContainer. So, without much trouble as well I've finally able to get it done.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yahoo! Messenger voice call & video call disabled, why?

Sport's Injuries - Treatment for bruises

Reserve word in JQuery